Podocyte Literature Mining
This document contains our literature mined results related to podocyte. The contents are generated using our ontology-based CAP-LM (Cell Annotation Pipeline - Literature Mining) tool.
Note: This page is an illustrative web page for our CAP-LM tool development for CellCards.
Podocyte-associated Genes and Proteins
Podocyte-associated Gene-gene or Protein-protein Interactions
Using the Dignet dynamic gene interaction literature mining program, we have identified over 700 podocyte-associated gene-gene interactions.
Furthermore, we have developed a SciMinor and BioBERT-based literature mining program, and used it to identify more podocyte-associated gene interactions from the PubMed literature. More information will be provided soon.
Podocyte Biomarkers Mined from the literature
As seen in the Podocyte Cell Card page, 4 podoctye biomarkers are identified, including:
- NPHS1 (nephrin): OGG_3000004868. PR_000011365. HGNC:7908. References: PMC6597610 , PMC7213795, PMC6597610
- NPHS2 (podocin): OGG_3000007827. PR_000011366. HGNC:13394. References: PMC6597610, PMC7213795.
- PODXL (podocalyxin): OGG_3000005420. PR_000012955. HGNC:9171. References: PMC6597610, PMC7213795, PMC6597610.
- PTPRQ (Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase Receptor Type Q): OGG_3000374462. PR_000013477. HGNC: 9679. GeneCards: PTPRQ.
Literature mined sentences on the podocyte-related biomarkers:
- NPHS1 (nephrein)-related sentences (selected):
- "Nephrin is a 180 KD trans-membrane protein expressed in glomerular podocytes". Ref: PMC4363192.
- "Nephrin forms an integral part of podocytes, which-together with endothelial cells and the basement-form the glomerular filtration barrier". Ref: PMC4363192.
- "The investigators concluded that nephrinuria is a reliable biomarker of preclinical diabetic nephropathy". Ref: PMC4363192.
- "The urinary mRNA profiles of nephrin, podocalyxin, and podocin were found to increase with the progression of DN, which suggested that quantification of podocyte-associated molecules will be useful biomarkers of DN". PMID: 31425946.
- "Mutations in nephrin (NPHS1), podocin (NPHS2), laminin beta2 (LAMB2), and alpha-actinin-4 (ACTN4) have been shown to induce ER stress in HEK293 cells and podocytes in hereditary nephrotic syndromes; various founder mutations in collagen IV alpha chains (COL4A) have been demonstrated to activate podocyte ER stress in collagen IV nephropathies; and mutations in uromodulin (UMOD) have been reported to trigger tubular ER stress in autosomal dominant tubulointerstitial kidney disease." PMID: 30099615.
- "Urinary nephrin excretion was also significantly increased in albuminuric Akita mice at 16 and 20 weeks of age and correlated with the albumin excretion rate." PMID: 22496773.
- Check over 460 more sentences by clicking the Google sheet: Here.
- NPHS2 (podocin)-related sentences (selected):
- "In this context, quantification of podocin could be of great interest since it is a protein exclusively present in highly specialized glomerulus cells called podocytes". PMID: 24552645.
- "RESULTS: Patients with ADPKD had higher podocin and podocalyxin levels compared to the control group". PMID: 31117091.
- "The urine podocin/creatinine ratio as a novel biomarker of cardiorenal syndrome in dogs due to degenerative mitral valve disease. PMID: 31356184.
- "NPHS1, PLCE1, NPHS2, and SMARCAL1 were the most common genes in which we detected a mutation". PMID: 29127259.
- "The urinary excretion of nephrin and podocin, two podocyte-specific markers, and WAP-four-disulfide core domain protein 2 (WFDC-2), a marker of tubulointerstitial fibrosis, was determined by ELISA in comparison with healthy controls". PMID: 31798788.
- Check over 270 more sentences by clicking the Google sheet: Here.
More to add. Stay tuned ...
Podocyte Functions mined from the Literature
More to come ...
Podocyte Cell Lineage related Literature Mining
This section includes the following parts:
- Cell types from first single cell to podocyte ...
- Cell differentiator (or Activator): Genes/proteins that activate cell differentiation ...
- Biomarkers for the cell differentiation ...
- Identify cell types from other organisms analogous (or homologous) ...
More to come ...
Note: This is a manually generated website. Lessons learned will be used for automatic cell card content generation. Feedback is welcome. Thanks!