This document contains our literature mined results related to podocyte. The contents are generated using our ontology-based Human BioMolecular Atlas Text mining (HuBMAT) tool.
Note: This page is an illustrative web page for our HuBMAT tool development for CellCards.
HuBMAT on Podocyte Biomarkers
As seen in the Podocyte Cell Card page, 4 podoctye biomarkers are identified, including:
- NPHS1 (nephrin): OGG_3000004868. PR_000011365. HGNC:7908. References: PMC6597610 , PMC7213795, PMC6597610
- NPHS2 (podocin): OGG_3000007827. PR_000011366. HGNC:13394. References: PMC6597610, PMC7213795.
- PODXL (podocalyxin): OGG_3000005420. PR_000012955. HGNC:9171. References: PMC6597610, PMC7213795, PMC6597610.
- PTPRQ (Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase Receptor Type Q): OGG_3000374462. PR_000013477. HGNC: 9679. GeneCards: PTPRQ.
HuBMAT-mined sentences on the podocyte-related biomarkers:
- NPHS1 (nephrein)-related sentences (selected):
- "Nephrin is a 180 KD trans-membrane protein expressed in glomerular podocytes". Ref: PMC4363192.
- "Nephrin forms an integral part of podocytes, which-together with endothelial cells and the basement-form the glomerular filtration barrier". Ref: PMC4363192.
- "The investigators concluded that nephrinuria is a reliable biomarker of preclinical diabetic nephropathy". Ref: PMC4363192.
- "The urinary mRNA profiles of nephrin, podocalyxin, and podocin were found to increase with the progression of DN, which suggested that quantification of podocyte-associated molecules will be useful biomarkers of DN". PMID: 31425946.
- "Mutations in nephrin (NPHS1), podocin (NPHS2), laminin beta2 (LAMB2), and alpha-actinin-4 (ACTN4) have been shown to induce ER stress in HEK293 cells and podocytes in hereditary nephrotic syndromes; various founder mutations in collagen IV alpha chains (COL4A) have been demonstrated to activate podocyte ER stress in collagen IV nephropathies; and mutations in uromodulin (UMOD) have been reported to trigger tubular ER stress in autosomal dominant tubulointerstitial kidney disease." PMID: 30099615.
- "Urinary nephrin excretion was also significantly increased in albuminuric Akita mice at 16 and 20 weeks of age and correlated with the albumin excretion rate." PMID: 22496773.
- Check over 460 more sentences by clicking the Google sheet: Here.
- NPHS2 (podocin)-related sentences (selected):
- "In this context, quantification of podocin could be of great interest since it is a protein exclusively present in highly specialized glomerulus cells called podocytes". PMID: 24552645.
- "RESULTS: Patients with ADPKD had higher podocin and podocalyxin levels compared to the control group". PMID: 31117091.
- "The urine podocin/creatinine ratio as a novel biomarker of cardiorenal syndrome in dogs due to degenerative mitral valve disease. PMID: 31356184.
- "NPHS1, PLCE1, NPHS2, and SMARCAL1 were the most common genes in which we detected a mutation". PMID: 29127259.
- "The urinary excretion of nephrin and podocin, two podocyte-specific markers, and WAP-four-disulfide core domain protein 2 (WFDC-2), a marker of tubulointerstitial fibrosis, was determined by ELISA in comparison with healthy controls". PMID: 31798788.
- Check over 270 more sentences by clicking the Google sheet: Here.
More to add. Stay tuned ...
References used to Extract Sentences:
- Cebeci et al. Podocyte Injury in Autosomal Dominant Polycystic Kidney Disease. Nephron. 2019;142(4):311-319. doi: 10.1159/000499741. PMID: 31117091.
- Fayed et al. Urinary podocyte-associated mRNA profile in Egyptian patients with diabetic nephropathy. Diabetes Metab Syndr. Sep-Oct 2019;13(5):2849-2854. doi: 10.1016/j.dsx.2019.07.048. PMID: 31425946.
- Kandasamy, et al. Nephrin - a biomarker of early glomerular injury. Biomark Res. 2014; 2: 21. PMC4363192.
- Korbut et al. Risk factors and urinary biomarkers of non-albuminuric and albuminuric chronic kidney disease in patients with type 2 diabetes. World J Diabetes. 2019 Nov 15;10(11):517-533. doi: 10.4239/wjd.v10.i11.517. PMID: 31798788.
- Park et al. Endoplasmic reticulum stress and monogenic kidney diseases in precision nephrology. Pediatr Nephrol. 2019 Sep;34(9):1493-1500. doi: 10.1007/s00467-018-4031-2. PMID: 30099615.
- Szczepankiewicz et al. The urine podocin/creatinine ratio as a novel biomarker of cardiorenal syndrome in dogs due to degenerative mitral valve disease. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2019 Apr;70(2). doi: 10.26402/jpp.2019.2.06. PMID: 31356184.
- Simon et al. Absolute quantification of podocin, a potential biomarker of glomerular injury in human urine, by liquid chromatography-multiple reaction monitoring cubed mass spectrometry. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2014 Jun;94:84-91. doi: 10.1016/j.jpba.2014.01.019. PMID: 24552645.
- Chang et al. Diabetic kidney disease in FVB/NJ Akita mice: temporal pattern of kidney injury and urinary nephrin excretion. PLoS One. 2012;7(4):e33942. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0033942. PMID: 22496773.
- Warejko et al. Whole Exome Sequencing of Patients with Steroid-Resistant Nephrotic Syndrome. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2018 Jan 6;13(1):53-62. doi: 10.2215/CJN.04120417. PMID: 29127259.
- Note: The above list will be the references that contain our literature mined and manually verified sentences in this webpage. Later, another HuBMAT page will be automatically generated to include all HuBMAT-identified podocyte-related references that may not be manually verified.
Podocyte-associated gene interactions
Please check our literature mining results of "podocyte-associated gene interactions" identified using the Dignet dynamic gene interaction analysis program. More information will be provided later. Stay tuned ...
Note: This is a manually generated website. Lessons learned will be used for automatic cell card content generation. Feedback is welcome. Thanks!